Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing 200 .pngs (playing card sized) 9 per page

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have 200 unique board game cards (all the same size 2.5" by 3.5"). They were created using a data merge in illustrator and exported using an action. 

I need to automatically lay the .pngs out 3 by 3 on standard letter sized paper. This will give me around 22 sheets in total, each with 9 cards per sheet.

I can't figure out how to do this with Illustrator or InDesign.

Thanks in advance for any help

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut!

J'ai édité un script pour AI qui fait ce travail (le contenu d'un répertoire)

Me contacter par mail si intéressé...

cartes_lettre.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are sending these out to be printed, your printer will impose them using an imposition program. If you are printing and cutting them yourself, you can create InDesign master pages, one for 9 fronts and one for the back.

You can add cut marks manually to the master pages, or use an InDesign script (Window> Utilities> Scripts> Application> Samples> Cropmarks). Place the back into all 9 pages on the back master page. From the pages panel fly-out menu, choose Insert pages (23) using the Front master page. Drag and drop the 200 cards, one at a time, in the desired order into the 23 pages, save and export to a PDF (without any marks). 

For the back, you can print them after printing the fronts, or you can add the Back master page after each of the 23 front pages (for a total of 46 pages) and print double sided. If your cards have bleed, you will need to account for this on the master pages, crop marks, and also on the 200 original single cards.

200 cards.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines