• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printing 300 ppi vector

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If printing company wants 300 dpi,but I've already created a lots of pages with Ai and all files ,pictures ,fonts are vectors. I exported it to pdf (high printing quality) 300 ppi .

Will be there any problems with printing company??? If,yes ,do i need to make that pages for begining but in 300 dpi.... Pls.answer 

I've attached one file.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

It looks like you started in RGB and later converted to CMYK, which causes your blacks and grays to be made from multiple CMYK inks.

You should contact the printer and show him one of your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

It depends on the printing process/printer/printing press if the 4 color black gives a problem.

Small type will become fuzzy when the colors are not printed exactly on top of each other.

Your example contains large type so if printed correctly that should not be a problem.

But you can correct it by selecting some text, choose Select > Same > Fill Color and click the black swatch to replace the colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator files do not have a resolution, they contain scalable vectors.

Images and raster effects like dropshadows  have a resolution, but the file you showed do not have those.

Unless your printing company cannot print PDF files, you should have no problems with your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means everything is okey with my pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you started in RGB and later converted to CMYK, which causes your blacks and grays to be made from multiple CMYK inks.

You should contact the printer and show him one of your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.Thank you very much. But I created it from begining cmyk color.and 300 ppi. and all images,fonts are vectors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file was CMYK, you must have specified your colors in RGB, your text color looks like a rich black, the result from RGB > CMYK.

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 10.50.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

You were right.. My document I've created CMYK, but font colors I choose RGB. , so now I need to click there (in the picture) and choose color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on the printing process/printer/printing press if the 4 color black gives a problem.

Small type will become fuzzy when the colors are not printed exactly on top of each other.

Your example contains large type so if printed correctly that should not be a problem.

But you can correct it by selecting some text, choose Select > Same > Fill Color and click the black swatch to replace the colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing company can print pdf.That means everything is okey with my pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines