• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Gradients (PostScript Printer required?)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I currently use an old InkJet to print my Illustrations but I've started to sell some work and some of the print outs might not be up to par - when I print gradients they don't fade in from transparent, even the lightest tone suddently appears as a block, not a fade. I also have the same issue printing anything transparent - if I've imported a PNG file, the outline of the whole transparent background will print.

I've read this is an issue with non-postscript printers. The printer I have doesn't have postscript capabilities and doesn't offer emulation drivers either.

I'm looking for some advice if possible. Do I need a true postscript printer to achieve proper gradients and transparency or could I purchase a printer with emulation drivers (many HP printers seem to offer this). I'm not really looking for anything that is top of the range, just something that will ensure gradients are correct on my printouts.

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Export the file to PDF, print from Acrobat/ Reader. The bugs in AI's printing system are simply not worth putting up with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the file to PDF, print from Acrobat/ Reader. The bugs in AI's printing system are simply not worth putting up with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, great idea, thanks 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines