• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing - Lines Appearing 1 Inch Apart

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, whenever I print from Illustrator I get lines on my printout, exactly 1 inch apart.

The lines are not visible on screen. I've exported the illustration as an image and the lines are not visible, if I print this image from Photoshop the lines do not appear, but if I open the image in Illustrator and print, the lines come back.

I've rotated the image in Illustator and the lines do not appear in the exact same place (so don't think it's an issue with the image)... but the lines do still appear on my printout 1 inch apart again.

For the print settings I'm using Illustrator. If I override these and use my own printers settings then the lines do not appear (however the colours don't look as good/accurate)

Any help would be great, thanks

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terra,

If your printer has (the option of) a PostScript Emulating driver, what happens if you try that?

Or what happens if youSave a Copy As PDF and try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my printer doesn't seem to have the PostScript option. I've saved the file as a PDF and it saves as it should without any lines. I've printed the PDF and there are no lines in the printout - however with this method the colours come out different to how they do printing directly from Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update - I've printed off a few other Illustrations and they don't have the same issue.

The only difference with this image is I've grouped it and resized it, would that cause an issue? If so, do you know why?

After completing an Illustration, how am I meant to resize if required?

Thanks 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines