Highlighted

Printing multiple Labels at once

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a label stock that has 4 labels across the roll. Is there a way that I can print all 4 of them instead of one at a time? 

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing multiple Labels at once

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a label stock that has 4 labels across the roll. Is there a way that I can print all 4 of them instead of one at a time? 

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different labels or the same one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the same label. If you see the picture I am wasting 3 labels for every 1 label that I print. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler,

How about just moving copies of the artwork for one label across by the distance between the centres/same sides of the labels?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in adobe itself just have 4 labels set up? I thought about that, but it seems like a more manual way of going about it. I was wondering if there was a button of function that allows me to say how many labels there were across and just have the printer print multiple labels at once. If not, then I would just have to have an artboard 4x the size and make 4 labels that are proportional to the actual label. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler,

Illy (job description Adobe Illustrator) is very friendly and always eager to help, but how can she know where the labels are?

Unless you have software for the (label) printer that sorts it out, you will have to set it up.

Here is an improved version of how, which makes it easier to edit if needed; I usually suggest that, but I am afraid I was in too much of a hurry when posting before, sorry:

With the label placed, you can use Effect>Distort & Transform>Transform, then set the Horizontal/Vertical Move (whichever applies) to the the distance between the centres/same sides of the labels and set the number of Copies to 3.

If you print on sheets with 4 x 2 labels (as it looks in the photo), you can apply the same effect in the other direction (Vertical/Horizontal) with the corresponding distance, thereby printing the whole sheet in one go.

With the Effect way, you only have 1 actual/live label, which you can edit, and then the edit will apply to all the effect copies as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is an easy task in llustrator, various ways to do it, heres is one method

1. Select yor artwork and group it 

2. Go to  Effect - Distort and transform - Transform

3. Set up the number of copies and the distance for horizontal movement

4. Again go to  Effect - Distort and transform - Transform and choose aply new effect

5. Set up the number of copies and the distance for vertical movement

Just must know exactly de distance between centers horizontally and vertically

Se attached picture

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.49.25 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 1