• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing PDF with hidden Layers

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 layers on my Illustrator document. I am hiding 2 of the layers for printing. I hide the layers in Illustrator in the layers tab and save as a PDF. When I open the PDF, everything looks fine. When I go to print the hidden layers magically appear. I don't inderstand why... In my attached screenshot of my laptop, you can see the document I want printed (with layers hidden) in the background and what it is trying to print. Please can someone help!

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Well, printing from a browser is never going to give you correct handling of these things. You need to download the file and use Acrobat/ Reader. "Dumb" PDF engines like the ones in Chrome or Firefox simply don't care for print-specific features like hiding layers or tagging obejcts as non-printable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, printing from a browser is never going to give you correct handling of these things. You need to download the file and use Acrobat/ Reader. "Dumb" PDF engines like the ones in Chrome or Firefox simply don't care for print-specific features like hiding layers or tagging obejcts as non-printable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines