Highlighted

Pro Tips Please! Complex design creating for a silk screening on a bottle

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a VERY complex design for a logo that we want silk screened onto a bottle. I need to get the art off to the silk screeners all ready to go. When I "object-path-join path" to combine all the paint brush strokes into one - Illustrator ends up putting weird streaks and lines through the art. So maybe this is not the way. What is the best way to "flatten" the art into one shape and reduce file size? The logo will have words that I can outline..... but how do I "outline" this artwork for best results? THANK YOU! part of the image I need to flattenpart of the image I need to flatten

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pro Tips Please! Complex design creating for a silk screening on a bottle

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a VERY complex design for a logo that we want silk screened onto a bottle. I need to get the art off to the silk screeners all ready to go. When I "object-path-join path" to combine all the paint brush strokes into one - Illustrator ends up putting weird streaks and lines through the art. So maybe this is not the way. What is the best way to "flatten" the art into one shape and reduce file size? The logo will have words that I can outline..... but how do I "outline" this artwork for best results? THANK YOU! part of the image I need to flattenpart of the image I need to flatten

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many colors is the silkscreening job? If it is just one, then you probably don't need to "flatten" the artwork as much as you need to invert it. In silkscreening,  the typical process involves making a film positive, so everything that is black will print as ink color, and all white areas will be the material showing through.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you absolutely need to flatten that artwork: first outline the strokes by using Object > Expand appearance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines