Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem color cutcontour

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Mon anglais n'étant pas très bon, je vous transmet ma demande en français.

Lorsqu'un client me transmet un fichier avec des illustrations et des cutcontour 100% Tons magenta, lorsque j'enregistre son fichier en .EPS sur adobe Illustrator j'ai ce message : "Lorsque des tons directs sont combinés avec des zones transparentes, leur conversion en couleur quadri dans une application autre qu'Illustrator peut produire des résultats inattendus."

Comment puis-je régler ce problème pour avoir mon design et mon cutcontour ?

J'ai essayé avec un applatissement des transparence mais cela me modifie mon illustration.

Quelqu'un a-t-il une solution ?

Bien cordialement,
Thomas

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change everything to cmyk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working because if i change everything to cmyk, i change my tone magenta cutcontour too. And my Soft versaworks cant recognize my cutcontour...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought when you said the contourCut was 100% Magenta that it was cmyk.

Isolate the contourCut to a seperate layer, turn the layer off, select all, convert to cmyk.

Turn on the conourCut layer with your spot Magenta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a warning of consequences that might happen when something goes wrong.

You won't convert that spot to process and the printing service also knows what they are doing, so everything's good, right?

But since you are using transparency: why save as EPS? EPS flattens transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i have that message always my Printer Soft dont detect my cutcontour...

I think it's because on my file i have CMYK colors and direct tone colors (obligatory for my cutcontour 100% magenta).

I have to save as EPS because my Printer Soft "Versaworks" use only EPS and PDF, and i have the same problem with PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then where in the file is the transparency?

The cutcontour should just overprint, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have transparency on my path and my form. My cutcontour is on another layer.

When i turn off my illustrations layer for keep only my Cutcontour layer, it's work, my Roland can detect the Cutcontour.

So i think the problem is my mix color with my illustrations and my tone color Cutcontour.

I can't find the solution... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transparency in your file causes the warning to appear. So what you can do is flatten the transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparency is not supported with spot colors only in pure cmyk.

We already know it can see the contour cut layer, so the problem is all in the art, so did you try doing as I suggested originally, turn off your contour cut layer, select all, convert to cmyk, turn on your contour cut layer, and print? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparency is not supported with spot colors only in pure cmyk.

By @Met1

Why do you think that is the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think that spot color and transparency aren't supported with each other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci!
I don't speak french, but the comments here have aided me immensely in solving an unrelated but similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines