• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Illustrator 2020 update

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting error 145. Learn more displays, what is shown below with 3 Warnings.

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator24-Core', version:24.0.2.373
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator24-Core Version: 24.0.2.373). Error code: '145'

I uninstalled and tried install again. Did not work.

Using Win 10.

How do I install or update Illustrator, now?

Pradeep Anand

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This error generally occurs when the install files already exist at the install path, so in order to resolve this error code, when you get the error please click on more info and then check the Path mentioned in more info box. Delete the files from that location and restart the installation. You can refer to the help article below for more information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#moreinfo

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishbah..

Not sure why we should be experiencing this problem at all to be honest. I have been getting this exact same error for 2 years!!!!!!! I have auto update on, and everytime Illustrator tries to update, I am forced to delete the program and then re-install it. It's a massive pain in the butt. I have asked for a solution from your tech team time and time again and there has been no resolution.

PRADEEP - At this point,  you will most likely have to uninstall Illustrator and then re-install it. It's not a fix, but a workaround to a broken updating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how frustrating it could be. This error generally occurs when the installer is unable to update new files on the install location because of the existing files. We can definitely try finding the solution, please check if that particular file location has the complete Read & Write permissions for the user profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same experience every single time Adobe Illustrator recieves an upadte.

The directory that is blocked can't even be accessed with an Admin account.

So what permissions is Adobe setting in the first place? If this directory is created by Adobe's installer then Adobe is the one wrecking the permissions.

illustrator permissions.jpg

My workaround is to boot in safe mode and delete the problem directory then update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing weekly the prerelease versions of Windows 10 an also installed several test builds and updates of Adobe apps, quite often. Go figure!, since several years ago and have not had such an issue. And many other users neither.

A detailed revision of your installation of OS, Windows 10, some administrator or user limitations or settings, installed utilities or AntiVirus programas may have a main role into the problem. Just blaming Adobe will not solve that recurrent situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens Every single time I update Illustrator. Every. Time. In the past three years there hasn't been one time I haven't had to uninstall Illustrator and then reinstall if ater an update. When are you going to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines