• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when import EPS in a Project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with illustrator. When I import an EPS file in my project it becames pixelated, but if I open EPS directly It is clearly a vector..

I don't know how to solve it

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the eps that you are importing created as a vector in Illustrator? Or was it something that was saved in Photoshop as a Photoshop eps? If it is from Photoshop then it would be a raster object and depending on how much you enlarge it would quite possibly become pixelated. When you look at it in the Outline mode (View Menu>Outline) rather than in the Preview mode do you see actual line art or just an empty rectangle? Seeing an empty rectangle there means that your imported eps is definately raster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to check but if I open the EPS in illustrator (so no importing it, just open it as individual file) I can zoom to infinity, my problem seems to appear when I import It in another project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of import, just copy and paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Just copy and paste work perfect! But now It seem to have some problem with the color profile, the vector was in RGB and It have some light point and shadow, and in my CMYK document it appears a bit strange, I can see the oval of light, there is something I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't do anything about that apart from making the design in either the same color mode or building it completely differently.

Other way: Open the original artwork in Illustrator, export at a sufficient resolution to a raster file format and then place in the other document.

This EPS was acquired from a stock website? There are mostly 2 issues with it:

- the techniques used for bright glows and neon etc. are outdated because those designers need to save compatible to Illustrator version 10

- they produce the artworks in tiny dimensions, because there is a file size limit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for all these precious answers, I don't know how to do without it. Let me make another, probably stupid, question:

Now I have the vector file in my document, but when I zoom out I can see that line isn't perfect, seems like pixel and when I zoom in appears okay. My question is: when I will stamp this document, how will appear the vector?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the line is OK when zooming in, then probably it's a vector line and the issue is just on your screen. If it were pixels, then it would get worse when zooming in.

WIthout seeing anything this is impossible to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines