• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Adobe Brochure Template Size

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and designed a tri-fold brochure template from Adobe stock. This was my first brochure, so I didn't think to verify what size the brochure should be. Apparently, 8.5 x 11" is a standard size, but the default sizes of the template are as follows:

Full Size

Width, 12 1/8”

Height, 8 3/4 “

Bleed Area

1/4” Border

Final Size

Width, 11 5/8”

Height, 8 1/4”

I contacted a custom print shop that can accommodate this size, but it may cost more money. Am I misunderstanding something? I find it hard to believe a template from Adobe could be so close to a standard size, but miss it like this. Is there an easy fix or would I need to manually adjust everything at this point to fix it within Illustrator?

Kind Regards,

Cameron

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you link to the stock file? It wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit off; these are just created by random individuals with minimal quality checks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those templates are provided by people all over the globe. They have been created for different pruposes. Different printing services offer a variety of sizes. So don't expect every template to exist in a sizes that you happen to consider "standard".

In my part of the world 8.5 x 11 inch won't get you anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the same mistake. I'm sad to see no one has posted a "quick fix" solution yet. Did you end up resizing each thing in your doc manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines