Highlighted

Problem with direct selection tool (moving only for the center how to fix it?)

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small but furious problem before, I calmly moved the direct selection tool, but now the pepets
Hello everyone!
Such is the problem - when I click on an object, it does not stand out, as if it is not there. And when I put the arrow on the edge of the object and click it, it is selected, but the problem is that it is impossible to move the object in this way, because it moves only if you hold it by the edges. The direct selection tool does not select an object ... (when dragging to an angle, the point is selected, it can be moved), but there is no general selection of the entire object
Object Selection by Path Only unchecked ...
you can only move beyond the center, and if you move beyond the point, the object will be deformed 

Nelemean_0-1595583864002.pngNelemean_1-1595583884402.png

Topics

Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with direct selection tool (moving only for the center how to fix it?)

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small but furious problem before, I calmly moved the direct selection tool, but now the pepets
Hello everyone!
Such is the problem - when I click on an object, it does not stand out, as if it is not there. And when I put the arrow on the edge of the object and click it, it is selected, but the problem is that it is impossible to move the object in this way, because it moves only if you hold it by the edges. The direct selection tool does not select an object ... (when dragging to an angle, the point is selected, it can be moved), but there is no general selection of the entire object
Object Selection by Path Only unchecked ...
you can only move beyond the center, and if you move beyond the point, the object will be deformed 

Nelemean_0-1595583864002.pngNelemean_1-1595583884402.png

Topics

Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nelemean,

Is holding Alt/Option while ClickDragging with the Direct Selection Tool (part of) what you are looking for?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nelemean LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to move this tool for the vector path and not stretch it as in the screenshot. I don't know how to fix this, so I ask for help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines