• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with dxf centering

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the export of my .dxf files.
I put the drawing centered on the x and y axis but when I export it and open it again it is not centered anymore. Only one axis remains centered.

I have tried everything but nothing works.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact options do you use? Screenshots? have you verified the export in other programs?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture 1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the file export and one of the dxf created. One axis is correct but not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAD designs exist "in space," and the formats are not paper-oriented until a given file is setup expressly for print output by associating a sheet size. The naked exchange format, .dxf, doesn't explicitly account for relative page or artboard coordinates (at least not in a way that makes sense in Illustrator). Reopening an Illustrator DXF export in Illustrator exposes this, as you've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture2.JPGCapture 1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the file export and one of the dxf created. One axis is correct but not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can explain your objectives. If the goal is to reopen in Illustrator, DXF export is a wrong move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it is to open it in autodesk inventor.
The problem is that I have to send centered .dxf to my clients. Whether it's in illustrator or inventor, the offset is the same.
I had no problems before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines