• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Envelope Distort / Problem mit Verzerrrungshüllen

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow creatives. I have a problem with envelope distorts. I use them with the command "Envelope Distort > Make with Top Object". With some objects that works very well, with others not. I do not get why.

Example:

I wanna bring the grid of rectangles on the blue form. If I test it with the white form everything works (please look at row 1, figure 1 – 3), if I test it with the blue form (please look at row 2, figure 1 – 3, same form as the white, just a bit smaller, constructed with "Path > Offset Path"), I get the wavy result which is useless. Any idea why thats so and how I can avoid it or make it better? Or get the result I need, maybe with another workflow? I tried free transforming, but it was not that helpful.

I use Adobe Illustrator CC, 2019, 23.1.1.

Thanks in advance for your time and tipps!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Select the 4 points of your envelope that should be the corners with the direct selection tool. Then use Object > Make gradient mesh to make a mesh. (this will only work with paths that have more then 4 points)

Then select the mesh and the artwork and make the envelope with top object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information: The wavy result seems to come from two achor points, which where added automatically during the "envelope process". The example on the top (the white form) has 4 anchor points in the end, the example on the bottom has 6 anchor points. The problem – Now I might understand the wavy result (please correct me if I get this wrong), but I still have no idea how to solve this, caus I can not remove the useless anchor points to adjust the envelope. So still need your help, this problem is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance for your time and tipps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the 4 points of your envelope that should be the corners with the direct selection tool. Then use Object > Make gradient mesh to make a mesh. (this will only work with paths that have more then 4 points)

Then select the mesh and the artwork and make the envelope with top object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thanks for your help and effords. I have tried this way, but it did not work unfortunately. Maybe I do not get it. I added a 5th anchor point to the blue form, activated the 4 anchor points which build the corners and chose Object > Make gradient mesh, but nothing happend. Maybe the gradient mesh only works on straight forms? I tried that, it worked, but not in the case of my oblique form o_O What am I doing wrong? So sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again. Now it worked 🙂 Thanks a lot! Something seems have been wrong with the oblique form. I used Object – Expand Appearance, just as a test and after that the gradient mesh worked and everything else too. I really apprechiate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines