problem with saving in eps cs6 format

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

macbook pro 13 inch 2019

macos big on 11.0.1

I have a problem since yesterday trying to save my .ai file as .eps.

When I try to save everything goes fine until I confirm the task. then the save time is infinite. I even tried leaving the dialog box open the whole time I was on the computer but nothing helps. either it doesn't save or illustrator crashes and closes unexpectedly.

my project is a simple project, no photos, helvetica typography and no gradients which are not supported by eps version cs6. so conflict wise i'm not sure that's what it is. 

I have done other projects in the meantime and strangely enough I have had no problem saving them in ai.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me if this has already happened to him.

thank you very much. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and siable "Save in background" in the preferences.

Also: save on the local disk, no synchronized folder.

Do you need this to be editable in Illustrator CS6? Or why do you choose EPS CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it has to do with the font. Hacve you tried converting to outlines first?

Also, if you app you're going to supports .ai files or .pdf files those are typically preferred over .eps (unless .eps is all that app supports).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines