• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with scaling in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to scale up this logo. But everytime i do (by dragging bounding box and holding down shift), it seems a few elements do not scale up by the same proportions as other elements. This leaves me with elements having moved out of position/gaps where there were none  (see images below). 

I've tried grouping all elements first, and ungrouping, and ive tried putting all elements on their own layer. None of this worked. Please help.

ps. i know i could rasterise etc but i want to keep it all easily editable Examples of the Gaps that appear when the logo is resized are circled in redExamples of the Gaps that appear when the logo is resized are circled in red

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Did you check "Scale Strokes & Effects"?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with the suggestions shared by Ton. Open Illustrator Preferences (Go to Illustrator (MAC)/ Edit (Windows) > Preferences > General) and check Scale Strokes and Effects.

scale strokes and effects.png

If that doesn't help, will it be possible to share the file with us? If yes, simply upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check "Scale Strokes & Effects"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with the suggestions shared by Ton. Open Illustrator Preferences (Go to Illustrator (MAC)/ Edit (Windows) > Preferences > General) and check Scale Strokes and Effects.

scale strokes and effects.png

If that doesn't help, will it be possible to share the file with us? If yes, simply upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend. this worked. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your guide but unfortunately this is not working for me. This is working with only storkes, but effects are not scalling up by the same proportions.

All the times manual adjusted works which is very annoying and time consuming.

What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Molly,

I am afraid the matter is more complicated than it might appear, owing to the nature of the artwork, and that merely ticking Scale Strokes & Effects will fail to solve it.

Obviously, the bar in the A is stroked in contrast to the rest of the A, so you should Object>Path>Outline Stroke before scaling.

Also, the circles are obviously stroked and would become much thicker by scaling up with Scale Strokes & Effects ticked; since (it seems that) you are satisfied with their remaining thin, that would cause a new issue.

I will post my assumptions about the issue and suggestions to solve it in your other thread here (it will be a wee while because of a(nother) urgent matter),

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/pathfinder-exlude-etc-how-do-i-trim-using-the-edge-of-a-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines