• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems dragging anchors in version 24.2.1

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having real problems dragging anchors in version 24.2.1.

When using the Direct Selection tool, left mouse hold on an anchor to move it, Illustrator is behaving as if it will only allow you to snap the anchor to a big grid. I can't drag the anchor to where I want it. I can't see anything in my settings that would account for this.

Thsi causing me major problems as it means I can't effectively edit my images as I need. The arrow keys seem to be moving the anchors in this version over much greater increments too. Not sure if this is a bug related to the canvas changes?

I've included a small example where I simply want to move the 2 anchors in the overlapping lines to be a bit shorter so that they end in line with the more vertical lines. Similar to teh top of the shorter horizontal line.  Illustrator won't do it in this version; it will only move the anchor if it's over a bigger distance. This is creating havoc for me. I could only shorten the top of the 2 lines in the centre by using the Transform x and Y settings - not exactly practical!

Any ideas?

Anyone any odeas on how to get around this? This is a make or break issue for me.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I assume that Snap to Grid (see View menu) is not turned on in that case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kurt

Thanks for the reply. No, Snap to grid isn't on but it's almost behaving if it was.

It started doing this out the gate when Illustrator was updated.

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines