• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems while packaging Illustrator files with linked images from CC libraries.

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am running into an issue when packaging files from illustrator. The links that are being packaged from my CC Library are being named with a long string of numbers and letters and not by the name in my Library. How can I fix this? I need to send files for production, and my file contains dozens of links from my library. This linked folder would be extremely confusing and disorganized to any individual opening them. Is there a way to fix this without manually changing each name? And if I did change each name, then I would have to go into the .ai file itself and relink everything.

Thank you,

Mike

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing with Illustrator. I could replicate this behavior with multiple versions at my end too. I will pass on your feedback to our Product team and you could do that too by posting it on our UserVoice page (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/).

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for passing it on Srishti. This issue unfortunately makes the cc library useless on my end if I am designing for print. Having to deal with renaming and relinking files is not worth the headache.

Thanks again,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issuses with illustrator adding .tif to an already named .tif. Results are "filename.tif.tif" Adobe is getting so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @defaultlm6nal9m98vl,

I understand your frustration with the issue you're facing in Illustrator, where it adds ".tif" to an already named ".tif" file, resulting in "filename.tif.tif". There was a known issue in Adobe Illustrator version 27.0 that caused this problem, but it has been fixed in later versions.

Could you please confirm the version of Adobe Illustrator that you are currently using? If you are not using the latest version, I would recommend updating to the latest version to ensure you have the most up-to-date bug fixes.

Additionally, if possible, would you mind sharing the file along with the link ".tif" images with us so that we can investigate the issue further at our end and provide you with a more accurate solution? Your cooperation will greatly help us in resolving the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines