• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with font Avenir Next

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem between the Avenir Next font and Adobe programs that read the Bold variant like Bold Italic. Basically when I open the file, Illustrator gives me Avenir Next Bold as "Missing font", if I do "Replace fonts" I find it but Illustrator calls it Avenir Next Bold Italic.
Can someone help me? I also asked Adobe support but they were unable ..

Thank you!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COuld you perhaps show some screenshots of your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
okay, I am attaching some screenshots..

This is the dialog when I open the file

Untitled-00.png
This is after I clicked on "find fonts". You can already see that the bold variant is there, but illustrator calls it Bold italic

Untitled-01.png

This is to show that the bold variant is in the operating system but illustrator calls it "bold italic"

Untitled-02.png

I hope I have explained the problem well

Thank you very much for the attention

Sergio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is really picky about fonts. Really awfully picky.

If there are duplicate fonts or a font is not 150% perfect (technically), then Illustrator throws a tantrum.

Do you use font management? Illustrator doesn't like most font managers or is incompatible or just not feeling like it.

Also: can you try and reinstall that font? It might have got corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, however I have this problem with the whole Adobe suite. I don't use a font manager and have already tried reinstalling the font a dozen times without being able to fix.
It seems that the problem is not solvable.
Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you contact the font foundry about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac and using the Avenir Next fonts bundled in the OS? I bought a copy of the Avenir Next LT Pro family to run on my PC to have something compatible with the version of Avenir Next on my iPad Pro.

Anyway, are you running other applications in addition to Illustrator when the missing fonts issue occurs? On the Windows platform I have personally had issues with some fonts in some type families strangely disappearing from the font menu when CorelDRAW is running at the same time. If I close CorelDRAW and re-launch Illustrator all the fonts are available again. I'm not seeing any problems with Avenir Next LT Pro however. CorelDRAW has its own bugs regarding fonts, some of which may be attributed to its own font management application. For example, the Factoria type family (synced from Adobe Fonts) works fine in Illustrator, but none of the Italic weights work in CorelDRAW; everything is upright only. There are other fonts where an upright weight can only be accessed by choosing the italic version and then turning off the Italic button on the tool bar. It's frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
Try this, it worked for me. Copy the Bold font file into the font folder which is inside the below path.
.. Adobe > Adobe Illustrator >  support files > Required > Fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried your suggestion and it worked here! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines