Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with linked files Illustrator and InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m working in Illustrator with linked tifs, and when I modify them in photoshop and try to refresh them I get this message “Could not find a plug-in to read the linked file “name.tif” Choose Replace to select another file or Ignore to leave the link unchanged”, and no matter if I choose replace or cancel I get this: the file “name.tif” is in a format that cannot be placed. I need to close my file and reopen so the links can refresh, it’s impossible to work this way. 

But also with InDesing I’m having a similar situation, even the icon for Update links stays in light gray (unable to use), but after 5 minutes I can use it.

I have my files on an external hard drive, but I haven’t had this problem before. I’ll be so grateful if I get soon a solution.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it help when you put the files on the local disk?

Which system is it?

Is it just this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines