Problems with pathfinder/divide - weird corners

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update I get weird effects when using pathfinder (trim/divide) for instance. Is there any know issues? Se attachements. The object when using divide gets weird corners, what am I doing wrong? Never seen this before. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Skärmavbild 2021-03-24 kl. 14.34.44.pngSkärmavbild 2021-03-24 kl. 14.35.43.png

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021
Without seeing Layers Panel, Stroke Panel Appearance Panel and object selected it is very hard to say. Are there strokes involved?Are these real paths? Check it with [Strg/Ctrl]+[Y]  (Outline View)Is this a problem with GPU? Try to toggle with [Strg/Ctrl]+[E]  (Preview on CPU/GPU)

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does settting the Precision to something small like 0,001 in the Pathfinder Options help?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing Layers Panel, Stroke Panel Appearance Panel and object selected it is very hard to say.

• Are there strokes involved?
  • Are these real paths? Check it with [Strg/Ctrl]+[Y]  (Outline View)
  • Is this a problem with GPU? Try to toggle with [Strg/Ctrl]+[E]  (Preview on CPU/GPU)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. It was in GPU Preview, had no idea that would mess with the geometry like that. Anyways, thanks a lot for the quick reply!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I think something changed in the code of the boolean functions. There is an example that I have used in my classes for more than ten years, and last Thursday, the result was disastrous. I had to stop the class and record a video after I discovered how to solve the problem.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines