Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with SVG save in illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone willing to help,

I was working on converting a drawing from Kim Jung Gi to an Illustrator file and to colour it in. I am no expert in Illustrator and I think I must have saved the file as a SVG to start with as I can't find a normal Illustrator file (normally it always saves like that automatically). When I opened the save today it had merged all layers into one and grouped every item object and path seperately. I would sometimes turn the opacity of parts i had already coloured in down to 0 so they would't interfere with what I was doing but  now it has glitched and even though the opacity of those objects is on full I can't see the fill. Most of the strokes have also dissapeared but I can still see them if I turn up the thickness. I really don't know what the case is so sorry if my explanation isn't too helpful. I will add the file ( I had to save it as Illustrator EPS file to add it as an attachment or I would get an error) and a picture I saved from the most recent moment everything still worked and was coloured in. 

Thanks in advance and I will try to respond to responses as quick as I can.

Sammy

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're working ona file, always save it as an AI file.

Neither SVG nor EPS is suitable as a work file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I unfortunately did not notice I didn't and found out the hard way. But is there a way to fix this is more interesting to me right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the layers are gone, then the only thing that could help, would be a backup.

If you don't have a backup, you will need to set up layers again and move the objects into them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can deal with setting the layers up again, the real problem I have that right now is that the some objects won't fill in properly. The objects had a working stroke and fill. Now with some the stroke is gone but if I change it it appears again, the fill still has the colour I picked selected but no matter what I do it won't appear. It'l just look empty with no way I can find of filling the object again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I don't understand a word of your problem. I can't see inside your head. And I don't want to guess.

Please post screenshots that show the problems.

Also: please embed screenshots in your post, don't attach them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry it's my first time posting here I'll remember it, I can't upload screenshots right now unfortunately but I'll try to explain it once more. I had multiple objects that I made with the pen and coloured in, after opening the file later those objects were no longer coloured in. If I click on one of them I can see that the fill colour is still selected, it just won't show up. I can try to change the colours but nothing happens. The opacity is at 100% so that's not the problem. I hope this is more clear and thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines