Highlighted

Problems with the workspaces

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just started using Illustrator and at first I was not surprised that i didn't have a toolbar or anything like that when i created a new document. I thought i had to select a default workspace first and then everything shows up. But when i tried to open the "Basics"-workspace nothing appeared. I also can't select any other workspace than the "Basics"... so in the moment i need to open every window when i start the program... do i have to change any settings or is it a bug?

Topics

Bug, Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems with the workspaces

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just started using Illustrator and at first I was not surprised that i didn't have a toolbar or anything like that when i created a new document. I thought i had to select a default workspace first and then everything shows up. But when i tried to open the "Basics"-workspace nothing appeared. I also can't select any other workspace than the "Basics"... so in the moment i need to open every window when i start the program... do i have to change any settings or is it a bug?

Topics

Bug, Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely should not be happening. Have you restarted your computer since downloading illustrator? That is where I would start. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might have to reinstall as it sounds like a bug when you installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already restarted the computer multiple times so that's not the problem. I thought it might be a bug, but I was hoping that maybe I was just too stupid. Well, I guess I'll just reinstall it. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0