Highlighted

Proper Logo Formatting

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am creating a logo for a client and they provided me with a rasterized .psd as a reference image. My goal is to recreate their rasterized reference image as vector art. I am struggling to get this done in a proper manner.

I attempted to recreate it by making layers of shapes in Illustrator. Since the outline of the shape is a stroke, that has lead me to experience issues when resizing the logo. If I do Object > Path > Outline Stroke, it allows me to change the size but then I cannot change the fill/stroke color.

I have attached the .PSD they provided me as well as a .eps file. If anyone would point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proper Logo Formatting

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am creating a logo for a client and they provided me with a rasterized .psd as a reference image. My goal is to recreate their rasterized reference image as vector art. I am struggling to get this done in a proper manner.

I attempted to recreate it by making layers of shapes in Illustrator. Since the outline of the shape is a stroke, that has lead me to experience issues when resizing the logo. If I do Object > Path > Outline Stroke, it allows me to change the size but then I cannot change the fill/stroke color.

I have attached the .PSD they provided me as well as a .eps file. If anyone would point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to do what you need by going to Preferences > General and activating Scale Strokes and Effects, or by selecting a path and going to the Transform panel, Window > Transform and activating Scales Strokes and Effects there. This will allow you to scales the strokes and filled paths proportionally.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines