• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties panel window missing on Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any body knows why the properties panel disappeared or isn't working on illustrator CC 2020 24.1 running on mac OS Catalina???
I've moved to this new version and i haven't been able to load this panel again.

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it in the Window menu? If so, what happens when you select it? What happens if you set your workspace to 'Essentials'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, 
Look... When i select the Essentials workspace the only window that i see is layers. I've tried to select this properties panel from the window menu, i click it and nothing happens...
I`m now usign the classic essential workspace because i haven't been able to find that panel and i wish you can help me 

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides resetting prefs you should try resetting workspace. fists of the last 3 items at the bottom of the WS menu…

Capture d’écran 2020-04-26 à 18.17.15.png

The I have notices a few errartic behavior with catalina and the use of the GPU. Deactivating the GPU in the prefs may help…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already did that without no succes. I also restored the essentials workspace and finally nothing diferent happens, this properties panel is gone!!!!

Thanks Didier....

I also want to ask why when i'm working in photoshop mi Imac gets to slow, in fact photoshop itself is so slow When i open it spents almost 2 or 3 min getting ready to work and the same thing occurs when i want to save a document... It delays so much. All my applications woks slow.

Thanks for the help

Ah, im working on this imac

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-26 a la(s) 8.18.29 p. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didier, hi!

I did what you recomended me, deactivating the GPU performance indeed helps!!!! 

I have the propierties panel back again

Thanlk for the help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! do not forget to mark the answer as correct, so helping others to find a solution

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a pretty big bug. Can you report it at https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem happening with me, same versions, Illustrator 24.1, macOS Catalina, since first launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D7nh Hi!!!

I was already able to fix the issue...
Look, what you have to do is go to the preferences by hitting the illustrator logo in the upper left corner of the screen or pressing comd + k on your keyboard. Next look for performance and once you are there, you need to uncheck the GPU Performance box. Hit accept.

Next go and select the essentials workspace and this procces should get the properties panel back again. After that you can go to illustrator preferences again - Performance - and chek the GPU box.

After all this procces you can select any workspace withouy problems.

Hope you can fix that issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it doesn't help me as I'm having the same issue... Maybe because my MacBook Pro retina 13" 2014 doesn't have an nvidia GPU. Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you talking about the Properties located at the top above the tabs of open projects, then it might be as simple as going to Windows and then making sure you have a check mark on Control if no check mark just click on Control.  I hope this helps it took me a while to understand why some Workspaces had properties it and others did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interest. Here we are talking about the big properties window, not about the horizontal panel at the top of the app window. Unfortunately, the problem is, nothing happens after trying to switch it on. The checkmark near "properties" under the "window" menu won't appear as well as the properties window itself. Just nothing happens as we click there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Illustrator 2020 since I've updated. Unfortunately the trick with the GPU Performance box did not help. I have tried all the resets with no luck. When I choose the Properties panel from the Window menu, just nothing happens. Any more ideas?
Catalina @ MacBook Pro Retina mid 2014 with 16 Gb of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried the trick and didn't help me. On my mac still not working the propeties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the version number of the Illustrator and check is Properties visible in Windows -> Properties. If yes, then try to click let us know what happens next.

Did you try all above mentioned solutions?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interest. In case you are asking me, too, unfortunately, the problem is, nothing happens after trying to switch the properties window on. The checkmark near "properties" under the "window" menu won't appear as well as the properties window itself. Just nothing happens as we click there. Other windows in Illustrator can be switched on or off normally. This began as I have upgraded to the first of 2020 versions of Illustrator. Now it's 24.1.3, the latest for today.
Mac OS Catalina @ MacBook Pro Retina mid 2014 with 16 Gb of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information. Did you try resetting the Illustartor preferences? You can follow the article and reset the Illustartor preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#:~:text=To%20restore%20prefere...

Let us know how ut goes from there.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, thanks, I did twice. Ended up with everything reset, but the window
was still missing... I also tried every s{lution from this post with no
luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines