• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties Transform - Lock "Maintain width and height proportions"

Engaged ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Transform  "Maintain width and height proportions" selected. Unless I hold the shift key down the proportions change when I drag from any of the handles. Is there a way to lock  "Maintain width and height proportions" so I do not have to make sure I am holding the shift key?

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option you mention is only referring to numerical input in the Transform palette, the Properties palette and the Control bar.

You may use the Scale tool in conjunction with the Uniform smart guides, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kurt,

I am going to send this question to the general illustrator community but I decided to send it directly to you also based on your previous answer. 

I am relatively new to Illustrator. I am a professional photographer using illustrator to prepare exhibition templates. These exhibitions will all be multiple matted images in a single frame. The current frames will all be A1 (59.4 cm x 84.1 cm) hung vertically. The reason I am using illustrator is that I have a vender who cuts the mats using a computerized matt cutter that cuts the holes based on an Illustrator layout.

Each template will have three layers:

1. Guides Layer
    1. This layer has the outside matt guides set (3 cm outsied matt"
  2. Matt Cutter Layer
    1. This layer contains the holes for the matt cutter
  3. The image layer
    1. This layer has all the images two mm larger than the matt holes (provides a 1mm overlay around each image.

I am trying to automate the layout of rectangles to keep the aspect rations. Once the matt layers is defined I then copy the layer to the images layer retaining the hole locations making the images 2mm larger than each hole

My workflow is:

1. Determint the number of images per frame.
  2. Select an approximate matt layout based on my templates
  3. Copy the matt layer to an images layer increasing the size of each rectangle by 2 mm centered on the matt holes. providing a 1mm matt overlay for each image.

My known starting point is the width or height of each hole and the aspect ration I need to keep. This way I can presize the output of my images to maintain the highest quality and place them into the image layer for my client to view before sending the layout to the matt cutting vendor and the image printing vendor.

My question:

Is there a way that I can:

1. provide either the width or height as one measurement and the aspect ration as the second and automatically create a locked, perfect aspect ratio rectangle.
  2. Copy all the rectangles on a layer to a second layer increasing their size by 2 mm.

If I can automate the above task, I can save hours of defining potential layouts.

I look forward to your answers.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines