Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pull out both handles of a smooth point simulatneously

Engaged ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I highlight an anchor point with the white arrow tool and turn it into a smooth point it shows both handles of this anchor point on each side of the anchor point itself.

Is there a way of pulling out both handles simultaneously so that the resulting curve is equal on both sides.  I can't take a screen shot because on my mac when I take the screen shot the handles disappear.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

You may also direct select the anchor point, hit the S key to activate the Scale tool and then drag the handles simultaneously (turning on Smart Guides is recommended).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the  Anchor point tool ( Shift + C )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still only pulls out one of the handles.  I need it so if I pull one of the handles, the opposite handle stretches out the equivalent distance on the other side as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to pull out the anchor point itself ( with the anchor point tool)  to get that result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First use the Anchor point tool to pull out the points.

Then use the Direct Selection tool to adjust each anchor point separately.

Also if you mess up the point, just simply click the point with the Anchor point tool and it will reset the point.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.16.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also direct select the anchor point, hit the S key to activate the Scale tool and then drag the handles simultaneously (turning on Smart Guides is recommended).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was literally the answer that everybody was looking for. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines