• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q is NOT compatible with Illustator 24.0.2 (64-bit)

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my_GPU.jpgQuadroRTX3000.jpgMy laptop is ASUS Studiobook Pro 17inch.

System: Windows 10 Pro

Adobe Illustrator Version: 24.0.2 (64-bit)

CPU: Intel 9th gen i7 9750H

Memory: Crucial DDR4 64GB(32GBx2) 2666MHz

GPU: Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q design

The latest GPU driver was downloaded from here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/156768/en-us 

My GPU driver version: R440 U5 (442.19) with release date 2020 Feb. 03.

I have used the Device Manger in Windows 10 Pro to disable the integrated GPU from Intel. After the disabling, as the attachment shows, Adobe Illustrate says that "Compatible GPU not available."

Any idea please? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card series is not listed here, so it's possible that it's not compatible with Illustrator.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list also did not include the whole GeForce RTX series and GeForce 10 series. Do you know why users with GeForce RTX 2060 did not complain about compatiblity with Illustrator please?

The list of the system requirement is very out of date. Anyway, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not personally aware of any Illustrator users with those cards, so there's no reason I would have heard them complain (or not). I guess Adobe doesn't publish an exhaustive list because there are lots of scenarios where the finnicky Illustrator GPU acceleration doesn't work.

The first thing they recommend is to reset preferences. There's not a lot more a user can do if your drivers are up to date, as far as I can tell from reading around. Have you contacted support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Illustrator only uses GPU to make (what I call) "fancy zoom."

To this day, no other process takes advantage of the graphics card. I recommend turning off the option because it often generates glitches.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos, on most systems Illustrator is noticeably smoother in operations like zooming, panning, moving objects, and anything else involving screen redraw when GPU preview is turned on. This suggests its used for more than scrubby zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Illustrator only uses GPU to make (what I call) "fancy zoom."

Sorry, I disagree with what you said.

I have two laptops:

(1) Alienware (2013) 

System: Windows 7 Ultimate

CPU: Intel i7-4700MQ 4 cores 2.40GHz

Memery: DDR3 16GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 765m with 2GB GDDR5

Harddrive: SATA 750GB 5400RPM + 64GB solid state drive

(2) My new laptop (2019) is ASUS Studiobook Pro 17inch.

System: Windows 10 Pro

CPU: Intel 9th gen i7 9750H

Memory: Crucial DDR4 64GB(32GBx2) 2666MHz

GPU: Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q design

Harware: Sumsang PM981 NVMe.m2 1TB drive

The (1) laptop Alienware (2013) with GPU GeForece 765m is supported by Illustrator, whereas the (2) laptop ASUS (2019) with GPU Quadro RTX is not compatible with Illustrator.

Result (The Winner is):

In running Illustrator, Alienware (2013) with GPU GeForce 765m runs faster than ASUS (2019) with GPU Quadro RTX!

There is no difference when loading small files in Illustrator. But when I load larger files with more complicated gradient, blur, transparency, roughen effect and strokes, I notice that it is smoothier to click anywhere in Illustrator with Alienware (2013) than ASUS (2019)!

There is no way for the Alienware (2013) to beat ASUS (2019), if only CPU is used in Illustrator, because Intel i7-4700MQ is significantly weaker than Intel i7 9750H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry again, I would like to change my previous comment about how Alienware (2013) beats ASUS (2019) in my performance tests by providing more detail. Initially, I want post the detailed results and analysis about my performace tests here, but I feel that they are off-topic, because the title of the main post is about the compatibility issue of that RTX GPU, but my performance tests go beyond that GPU and include tests on CPUs and additional brand - Alienware, which are not relevant to the main title of this post. So I chose to post my results and analysis on a new thread in this forum, but within several minutes the thread disappeared without any notification. It is just disappeared without reason. Probably, a forum adminstrator have deleted my post, so that maybe I am silenced. I feel very sorry.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't make any sense man. Delete the other post that's irrelevant to make yourself relevant. Also, that benchmarking you did was filled with lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message!

I did not delete anything, and I have no authority to delete anything. The administrator in this forum did delete one of my posts 4 months ago, but he or she have recovered it afterwards.

I did not lie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I've read other complaints about the rtx3000 not being compatible with adobe products and I'd like to buy a Zbook Fury. Did you by any chance find a solution? Thanks.

Fabrizio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines