• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Illustrator's brush

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to use the brush tool to make an edit in a "path" of another object. For example; i was just useing the circular brush tool to add dots over my object and by accident, it made a hole in its path.. i would really like to know how i did that. 

the yellow circles are the example here, using a normal brush tool. Instead of making another vector yellow dot shape it made a white hollow and drew in the outline of my object.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 3.04.39 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

The eraser tool does this.

Or do you want this to be a live effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eraser tool does this.

Or do you want this to be a live effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you're right, it is the eraser tool.. but when you save it as PNG, the holes get filled in black. Is there a way to save it the way it looks right now? Just white i dont want the holes to turn black.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm, i figured it out.. just had to delete the path of the eraser after it does its effect then save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you save it as a PNG you need to make sure it is transpaerent. The eraser tool earases the pixels, and you see what behind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines