• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about multi-page illustrator templates

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Illustrator and I have a problem and can't find a solution, hoping someone in this community can help me. I found a template in Adobe Stock and it has eight different flyer versions (included below as a pdf because the system won't let me upload the ai file). It appears that all of them are on the same artboard because when I try to break out layers, it will pull elements from multiple flyers. How can I just pull a single one of these flyers to edit and use? I've downloaded other multi-page templates, and they have each version of the flyer on a different art board so it's really easy. Could anyone give me a step-by-step instruction to do this? Pretend you're instructing a 10-year-old please, that's how I currently feel when I'm working in Illustrator! 🙂

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

OK. So ...

... this is probably not a suitable way top prepare a template.

Also I don't know why the stock contributors always add these awful backgrounds.

So you need to separate these layouts. Thankfully they are grouped.

You need to ungroup them. Then delete all the fluff. The grey backgrounds, the shadows.

Then there will be the layouted pages in clipping masks.

Take the one you want and create a new file with an artboard that has the size you need.

Copy the page from the other file and pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So ...

... this is probably not a suitable way top prepare a template.

Also I don't know why the stock contributors always add these awful backgrounds.

So you need to separate these layouts. Thankfully they are grouped.

You need to ungroup them. Then delete all the fluff. The grey backgrounds, the shadows.

Then there will be the layouted pages in clipping masks.

Take the one you want and create a new file with an artboard that has the size you need.

Copy the page from the other file and paste into the new file.

If you don't know how to ungroup, or how to work with clipping masks or how to set up artboards, please read the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I'm so glad that it's actually a problem and it's not me being stupid! I appreciate the tips for separating and I'll give it a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a videoabout it in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gbRz-Gwfn0

It doesn't cover all the steps, but the cleaning up of the document and some explanation.

In order to scale the artwork to yur final format, you need to do some math.

In order to convert rectangles to artboards, you  can use Object > Artboard > Convert to artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wonder why you would create a brochure template with a page size of 4,87 mm x 6,888 mm ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They do this because of the shadow in the background. When saving that as an EPS10 (which is still demanded by a lot of microstock websites), youwill get a huge file. But there is also a file size limit. So in order for the shadow and all the fluff to work and in order to have the small filesize, they have to do that.

When you look closer at some of the glowing i the dark artworks, you will also find that most of the time they are tiny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines