• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about scanning in artwork nd editing in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional fabric designer. I hand draw all of my artwork and then scan it in to my computer to create a black and white pattern.

Can I scan the black and white pattern into the Illustrator and color it and add special effects such a hammered to create metal or burned to create a brand on wood.

Can you please send me some advise and recommendations. 

Thank you in advance.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that your query was resolved. If not, here are a few tutorials that might help:

Illustrator does have an option to trace images using Image Trace feature, however, for accuracy I would suggest manual tracing with the Pen Tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbzLTqTvCE). 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, can you show some examples of your work and elaborate a bit what you are going to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that your query was resolved. If not, here are a few tutorials that might help:

Illustrator does have an option to trace images using Image Trace feature, however, for accuracy I would suggest manual tracing with the Pen Tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbzLTqTvCE). 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines