Highlighted

Question about scanning in artwork

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional fabric designer. I hand draw all of my artwork and then scan it in to my computer to create a black and white pattern.

Can I scan the black and white pattern into the Illustrator and color it and add special effects such a hammered to create metal or burned to create a brand on wood.

Can you please send me some advise and recommendations. 

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question about scanning in artwork

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional fabric designer. I hand draw all of my artwork and then scan it in to my computer to create a black and white pattern.

Can I scan the black and white pattern into the Illustrator and color it and add special effects such a hammered to create metal or burned to create a brand on wood.

Can you please send me some advise and recommendations. 

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, can you show some examples of your work and elaborate a bit what you are going to do with it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Resources