Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions regarding text positioning

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I noticed on these more recent versions of Illustrator that I can't get the text to be positioned in the exact ten thousandths of a pixel as specified. For example instead of 216 px it automatically switches to 216.0002 px. In other cases I would save a file with the position at 103.8125 px but upon re-opening at a later date it becomes 103.8467 px. All the while the font height might change from 3.5 px to 3.4999 px, or the horizontal spacing might change from 100% to 100.0004%. The company I work for specializes in minute-scale pad-printing, and the fact that Illustrator throws the positioning of my lettering out of place causes a problem. This didn't happen with previous versions of the program.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

tngjstn,

I am afraid it is an unfortunate effect of going from three to four decimals yet to be weeded out.

You may read on here, and join the request:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24...

You can downgrade your current computer and wait it out; and try to speed it up by joining the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tngjstn,

I am afraid it is an unfortunate effect of going from three to four decimals yet to be weeded out.

You may read on here, and join the request:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24...

You can downgrade your current computer and wait it out; and try to speed it up by joining the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob_Bugge

In the case that I ultimately decide on installing a previous version, which was the latest one before this problem came up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tngjstn,

It started with 24.1, so any version before that ought to do; you can read on here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken/td-p/10974120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines