Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Add arrowheads" missing

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to add arrowheads to a stroke in Illustrator. However, the section "add arrowheads" is missing in the stroke panel. Where did it go? Thanks for your help.

Florian

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Double click the panel's title bar (or its tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm sure everyone will say 'user error'. But I say - software design error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't hesitate to make topics here if you need help. Lots of things have changed since CS3, but lots more hasn't, and plenty of users have been around long enough to help you with either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, Thank you and I do appreciate communities. I really do. the trouble is with adobe (my creative cloud subscription not my CS3 but also in CS3), their design gives no more weight to what I would consider core functions than rare - because everyone uses it differently. I'd argue everyone uses it differently because there is no core function led design. And the help tutorials and guidances in my experience are always aimed at experienced users. To give you the current nightmare from hell I'm facing trying to draw round an arrow. I've had to watch a 30 minute you tube tutorial on how to use the pen tool. 30 minutes. Gave up entirely on illustrator. And more worringly I've discovered that actually the pen tool doesn't do pen tool stuff. There are options on options on the pen tool depending on whether I'm holding, alt, shift, cmd, shift bar or standing on my head, dragging or clicking. And it is impossible to use it even vaguely without using the keyboard also. All I'm trying to do is draw round an arrow and delete the background. 4 hours and counting. This isn't ok.  And the forum feedback are ALWAYS 'draw round the object with the pen tool, invert the selection and then add a layer mask'. In software terms that's as helful as a mechanic forum saying 'just unscrew the bolts with a spaneer and remove the gearbox'. Impossible. Looking at internet theres an awful lot of 'I hate Adobe' - I try not to join them, but right now that's how I feel. I've invested £3k in tools that I cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software is aimed at professionals, so please don't expect to be able to use it wihtout reading any documentation. 30 minutes tutorial for being able to operate the pen tool is actually not bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the pen tool with all the shortcuts is a muscle memory thing, I think. It's like playing a computer game.

Please make a topic with your arrow problem, if you still have the stomach for it. Include screenshots and a detailed description of what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 3.00.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-03 at 3.00.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines