Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Add arrowheads" missing

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to add arrowheads to a stroke in Illustrator. However, the section "add arrowheads" is missing in the stroke panel. Where did it go? Thanks for your help.

Florian

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Double click the panel's title bar (or its tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the panel's title bar (or its tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! Also, why did they need to hide the stroke options unless the "Stroke" title was double-clicked?? That was such a confusing and useless feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's always seemed a bit silly to me that any of the options in panels are hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work the same way it has for a dozen+ years in Illustrator CC 2018.

Adobe - WTF did you do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thinkcooper!  schrieb

It doesn't work the same way it has for a dozen+ years in Illustrator CC 2018.

Can you please tell us step by step what exactly is not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why (the hell) Adobe with EVERY new Version is making a once-perfect software tool worse and worse and worse instead of improving it! This is something I will never understand and is why I still prefer to work with the old 5.5 Master Collections Versions. These ones are much more logical, much faster to work with, more intuitive, and user friendly than the new versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What change is causing problems for you? It's not clear from your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With every new revision and update, Adobe seems compelled to move tools around.  Rather than leaving tools where long time users know where to find them, tools seem to be constantly moved from one menu to the next.  It's frustrating for the long time user, shows disrespect for loyal customers and adds no value; imagine if somebody broke into your garage once a week, opened up your tool box and moved everything around for no apparent reason?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What isn't working for you? The arrowheads function hasn't changed since CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Job security for the developers. They need something to do to justify their salaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Job security for the developers. They need something to do to justify their salaries.

By @Christine1127

What's funny is that most of the things complained about in this thread happened because of user error ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's real easy, but does not excuse them needlessly changing it:
In the Appearance tab (Window > Appearance), click on the word/hyperlink "Stroke."
That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jamie+Starr  wrote

It's real easy, but does not excuse them needlessly changing it:

Well, I don't think I'd characterize removing its weak implementation from the Effect > Stylize > menu and replacing that with a comprehensive set of controls on the Stroke panel as "needless change."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me. The menu I was looking for showed up as soon as I selected "Stroke".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one of the options has worked for me, I just can't seem to find the arrow library anywhere...

I'm on CC 2019 ID v14.0.3

Any guidance appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2019? This topic is about Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah none of those worked for me. Am on CS3. Any guidance much appreciated. Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 09.09.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point, the arrowhead controls were moved from the Effect menu (as John Mensinger mentioned above) to the Stroke panel. My memory doesn't stretch back far enough to know if that was between CS3 and CS4, but it would make sense if that was the case, given your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thanks doug. Id read John's comments but not twigged that may be where it switched from. Yes - CS3 it's under effects. Thank you 🙂 I've spent two hours so far trying to draw an arrow. Given up on Illustrator. It's just beyond me. Even in photoshop am trying to create a transparent background cutout and failing. 12 years Ive had cs3 - also a subscriber to Creative Cloud but deleted all the current crop of versions from my machine and reverting to CS3 which I get on better with. It just baffles me why everything is so hard. I use Archicad every day but there isn't a day I have to do something in Adobe when I don't wish I didn't have to.

I think I'm gonna to have to buy a transparent background arrow, because the £2k adobe software I bought and have been using for 12 years I can't work out how to use. Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines