Highlighted

"An Unknown Error has occured" in Ilustrator CC2019

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I don't why my ai suffently not gonna work as when I create new file then pop a msg "An unkown error has occeured." Then when I press "ok" it pops another msg saying "Can't create a new illustration. The command was canceled."

I can't do anything for now. 😞

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"An Unknown Error has occured" in Ilustrator CC2019

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I don't why my ai suffently not gonna work as when I create new file then pop a msg "An unkown error has occeured." Then when I press "ok" it pops another msg saying "Can't create a new illustration. The command was canceled."

I can't do anything for now. 😞

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the Illustrator forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

Did it ever work correctly?

Is there a printer connected and set up? If not, please set up a PDF printer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Adobe illustrator CC 2019..

I can open the software. But when opened the ai then we can see the button of "Home", "Learn", "Create New..." and "Open". When press "Create New... " button then it shows "An unkown error has occeured." Then when I press "ok" it pops another msg saying "Can't create a new illustration. The command was canceled." 

Think I did the right process but the software not working and I even can't set up the printer at the Ai software internally.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try resetting the preferences of Illustrator once. Follow instructions using help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me today with Illustratotr CC2018. Deleting preferences did nothing, had to update to latest Illustrator, which did fix the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0