• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Create new" button in Illustrator CC 2020 Start Screen not working

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro, Mojave version 10.14.6. Running Illustrator CC 2020, version 24.0.3. 

When I click "Create new" from the start screen, nothing happens. No error message, just ... nothing happens. I can click "Open," and open an existing document. I can double-click on the template options and create a new file that way. But "Create new" button doesn't work. 

I have already deleted caches and preferences in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/, /Library/Caches, and /Library/Preferences. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend contacting Adobe live support via chat on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html
Click on chat icon at bottom right corner to begin conversation. Support theam there will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on your machine and help you out accordingly. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man! I have the same problem with Adobe Illustrator 2020. Did you find a solution on how to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Ashutosh suggested, contact support.

As a workaround, try to check: Preferences > Use legacy "File New" interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines