Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Display states" with layers

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I would like to be able to show and hide multiple layers with only one click. I used the term "display state" because it is the term used in Solidworks (for those familiar with CAD), and I think it might be called "Obejct state" in InDesign.

In details: I need to show and hide elements from a vector screenshot, but for each picture that must be done, I need to hide something different.

For example, I would only show the left menu on the first picture (which means I need to hide all layers except the left menu layer), and show the right and top menus on the second picture.

This is a basic example, but I have 100+ layers sometimes and I do not want to loose time to look for the layers I need to show and hide for each picture.

Is there a way to do it in Illustrator?

Thank you very very much in advance for your help, I will be really grateful to learn find out such a function in Illustrator!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

If you are using only main layers you can use custom views (see View menu > New View).

If you are using some more nested layer structures (including sublayers) you can take a look at visibility variables (see Variables palette).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using only main layers you can use custom views (see View menu > New View).

If you are using some more nested layer structures (including sublayers) you can take a look at visibility variables (see Variables palette).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines