• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Illustrator CC 2019 would like to record your screen" in mac OS catalina

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my mac to the latest mac OS Catalina, and all my apps were asking for permissions. Most of the things they wanted to use I understood. But Illustrator asked a bit of a sketchy question. 

"Illustrator CC 2019 would like to record your screen"

If I permit Illustrator to do so they can record my screen at all time's even when not in the Illustrator programme. It seems a bit weird and I don't get why illustrator would want this. Is there anyone who knows why illustrator asks this and if I should give permission.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

When you're not prepared for paranoid system settings, you shouldn't have upgraded to Catalina. This setting enables Illustrator to sample colors with the color picker for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're not prepared for paranoid system settings, you shouldn't have upgraded to Catalina. This setting enables Illustrator to sample colors with the color picker for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the response, maybe consider writing with a more positive tone. The color picker works just fine without illustrator having permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picking from other apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has never been a future of adobe software, and it still does not work for me even with permission. Should it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pick from other apps with the eyedropper by holding shift and clicking and dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug_A_Roberts is correct and the answer that has been selected as correct is not correct. It's misleading as is the software itself!! Adobe asks permission to record the screen when it doesn't need permission. I upgraded to Catalina and used the eyedropper and was presented with the "I want to record your screen dialog". I pressed deny and the eyedropper worked without problems.

Please Note that I did not try to sample colours outside of the Illustrator app window. But since I didn't try to do that, the dialog is misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what exactly did you pick up with the eyedropper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thing is that when you don't allow screen recording the eyedropper doesn't work outside Adobe software. When you allow it it does. It still might be adobe trying to scam you but I doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some other (non-Adobe) applications need the record screen setting in order to enhance their user interface (such as render a drop shadow below the toolbar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe apps do not require access to your Calendar, Contacts, Screen Recording or Location. If you encounter this prompt, simply select Don't Allow.

Please check this link for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cc-apps-macmojave.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, I would like to point out that the eyedropper is not able to pick colors from other apps when illustrator does not have the authorization for screen recording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing this out. Let me check this with the Illustrator engineering team and I'll update the discussion accordingly.

-Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om Nath Jha,  Thanks for checking into this.  The same has happened for me as well, identical to  jellep88213923.  I've had to grant permission in order for the eye dropper to select a color.  Will be monitoring this thread for future updates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any follow up with this comment? Am I not seeing the follow up to this Om Nath Jha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Even in Photoshop, “Screen Recording” must be allowed to pick up colors from outside the screen.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/i-can-no-longer-get-colors-from-outside-the-photoshop-scree...

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cc-apps-macmojave.html

This link doesn't say that you don't need to give permission to Screen Recording.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi silk-m,

As Rishabh said, he or she would update the descussion. Before it did say about the screen recording. I believe apple changed what apps can access in OS Catalina. I never had the problem in older mac software and I would make sense as apple is quite sequre about their users privacy.

I don't believe that adobe wants to collect date trough screen recording, so I would suggest granting access to screen recording for adobe program's. If adobe does have this intention than they are kindly invited to confess in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else had this warning come up when using Illustrator 2020? Bit weird and worrying if you ask me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try to pick up the Finder color with the Illustrator Eyedropper?
macOS Catalina requires permission.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 00.44.38.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for this Susumu... this is exaclty what I was looking for to fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have allowed QuickTime as I do screen recording occasionally, so obviously must allow for it to work. But have denied request for AI. Adobe should explain which AI functions would need screen recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must allow it in order to pick colors with the eyedropper tool. At least some people have reported that this doesn't work without allowing to record your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use eyedropper to pick color from screen even before I received the request as is noted by others posting here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do that as well, but some people can't under some circumstances and then they have to allow that. Maybe you have already allowed it or you aren't even using Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines