• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Illustrator could not read the file" error in Illustrator 24.3 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues placing several of my tiff files into illustrator. I tried making it with LZW compression. But everytime I place the file from the source I keep keeping this error.  Any help here is appreciated. Time is of the essence here for my job.

PlaceError.JPG

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please be more precise?

Also: which Windows is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC 24.3 and Windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has just been a thread with the same error. For that person the solution was to re-install, because the import functions have gone south.

You could try

1. a reboot of the computer

2. resetting the preferences (rename the folder:  https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)

3. create a new user account on the computer

4. If all that does not help: uninstall, run the Cleaner tool and re-install

You have tried different files, right? So it's not the file and you are sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As posted below.

It's been happening with multiple tiffs from out network drive. I did try saving files out to my desktop and place them that way but it's giving me the same error.  Some tiff files work, others don't and they're all saved with the same exact file settings.

I also uninstalled illustrator, ran the clean up tool, restarted my computer and i'm still having issues with this same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with Monika. Please let us know if this is happening with a specific file or all?

Is this file saved on a local drive or on network?

This information will help us assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening with multiple tiffs from out network drive. I did try saving files out to my desktop and place them that way but it's giving me the same error.  Some tiff files work, others don't and they're all saved with the same exact file settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue resolved because I'm having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not resolved. My workaround was to save the "large file" into to separate pieces and place both artworks aligned where they were split.

This merited extra work but a workable solution.  Adobe was no help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! This workaround will have to do for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately this is NOT a work around. When workign with pre-press files you can't afford to split images up. Adobe???? Once again going silent when a problem persists with numerous customers. Adobe — what is your solution or are you going to continue to sit in the shadows and not respond???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines