Highlighted

"Illustrator could partially read this file."

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hvae been experiencing issues when opening .ai files. I have recently changed my PC from Mac IOS to Windows IOS. Most of .ai files saved at Mac have problems of opening at Windows. When I opens a file, I get a message saying 'Illustrator could partially read this file.'

I have tried installing down versions and opened files, but it does not correct the problem.

Correct answer by estherson | Community Beginner

This problem has been solved with updating Windows. 

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Performance, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Illustrator could partially read this file."

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hvae been experiencing issues when opening .ai files. I have recently changed my PC from Mac IOS to Windows IOS. Most of .ai files saved at Mac have problems of opening at Windows. When I opens a file, I get a message saying 'Illustrator could partially read this file.'

I have tried installing down versions and opened files, but it does not correct the problem.

Correct answer by estherson | Community Beginner

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Performance, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about the file contents, actual system info, version of AI and where and how the files were saved nobody can tell you much. Of course the pertinent question also would have to be if the "partially read" are usable in soem way. After all, this could be just a fluke warning pointing to something system specific. Either way, more info is definitely required.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

share some sample files where the issue is seen..

are these files still opening on your mac? if not then no point mixing windows and mac with the issue.. its just a document that got corrupted somewhere..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files were still opening on my Mac and other Windows PCs, but my Windows PC. After updating all recent updates at my Windows PC, I could open all files at my Windows PC. My Windows PC was new and I didn't update all available updates. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0