Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Illustrator found an issue with the Wacom driver"

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.44.51 AM.png

I just updated from 24.2.3 to 25.3.1 and have started getting this whenever I launch Illustrator. Both of my tablets seem to be working perfectly fine with these old drivers.

Is there any way to disable this? If I update to the latest Wacom driver it looks like it will break one of my tablets - I keep a an Intuos 4 PTK-440 in my laptop bag and do a ton of my work on it out at cafes, and Wacom appears to have ended support for it with the last few driver updates. I really don't want to spend the time and money to acquire a replacement right now, I just wanna permanantly acknowledge that this may be an issue and get back to drawing with my tablet that has a stylus that still works with the wonderful feel of the spring nibs.

Also I would like to extend my warmest thanks to whoever is responsible for this not actually unchecking the "enable wacom" checkbox in the prefs, I would be full of so much hate if I had to turn that back on every time I restarted Illustrator after a crash.

(Anyone saying "it's just $xxx for a new tablet" is welcome to paypal money to egypt@urnash.com, my finances are stretched pretty thin right now.)

TOPICS
Draw and design , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is strange.

Did you ask Wacom?

If not go to this Facebook Group... super friendly people that know Wacom in and out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3249210104

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines