• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Not Enough Ram" Issue. Inaccurate error message.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, like many other Illustrator users, have been experiencing a bogus error where Illustrator claims my video drivers are out of date or unsupported. There are many posts on this forum about this.

In an attempt to circumvent the issue, I installed an earlier version of Illustrator. However, I still receive an error message claiming that I do not have sufficient RAM to resize a square box. 

I looked into my RAM status on my PC and found that I had over 10 GB of RAM available. I also tested attempting to resize the box while looking at my RAM usage through Task Manager, and saw no spike or any other indication that this error was accurate.

This is a big problem, as I am being significantly delayed in my work at this point. 

Are others experiencing this issue as well? And when can we expect action from Adobe on both this unsupported driver issue and this strange RAM bug?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if you've solved the problem, but I had the same issue. In fact, my larger files wouldn't even display all the artwork. Another poster said they also tried an earlier version and it did not work for them. I decided to go all the way back to v24.3 and it has been working fine. Unfortunely, there are many people with this problem, butthere are many people posting the same probelm, so it's difficult to track down a "real" solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 3/24/2021:

Returned to Illustrator 25.2.1 because it claimed to have fixed many reported bugs, but the RAM problem was still triggered. After looking at my preferences I unchecked the GPU Performance checkbox under Illustrator > Preferences > Performance (on Mac, even thought it stated "Compatible GPU available") and the problem went away. It now displays complex art in full, and I don't get out of RAM messages.

I still have Illsutrator 2020 installed and it is working fine with GPU Performance checked, so something went wrong between the older and newer version – my Mac is late 2013 so its age may have something to do with the problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines