Highlighted

"Previous session of Illustrator running" message when launching Illustrator in Windows

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a screenshot of the error that pops up when I attempt to launch Illustrator. This error has been occurring for 5 days. I have followed the error instructions to wait and try again later, but this has not fixed the problem. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Screenshot (20).png

Thanks in advance for your help!

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing some more information like:

1. Version of Illustrator and OS.

2. Have you tried task manager to check if there are Illustrator instances running? (You can right click on Start > Run > type "taskmgr.exe" and check the running instances. If you see Adobe Illustrator in the list, simply do a right click and click on End Task to close. I have attcahed a screenshot for your reference. Once done, try launching the Illustrator.)

Screenshot_4.png
Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Previous session of Illustrator running" message when launching Illustrator in Windows

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a screenshot of the error that pops up when I attempt to launch Illustrator. This error has been occurring for 5 days. I have followed the error instructions to wait and try again later, but this has not fixed the problem. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Screenshot (20).png

Thanks in advance for your help!

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

2. Have you tried task manager to check if there are Illustrator instances running? (You can right click on Start > Run > type "taskmgr.exe" and check the running instances. If you see Adobe Illustrator in the list, simply do a right click and click on End Task to close. I have attcahed a screenshot for your reference. Once done, try launching the Illustrator.)

Screenshot_4.png
Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Screenshot_4.png
Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh,

This worked! My background session of Illustrator has closed successfully.

Thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm having this problem too and I am wondering if I force the session to close will my data and last session be saved or not? 

thank you gemma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody will be able to give you any guarantee

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This absolutely worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open task manager illustrator is not there Im very lost

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out thank u

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0