"Some names of the files being saved contain non-latin characters" nag

Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export assets or "Save to web" using legacy export, I have started getting the "some names of the files being saved contain non-latin characters" nag window. And there are no non-latin characters in any of the file names. I can click "Don't show again" but why am I even getting it?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you do not have trailing characters in the document name that your system cannot display?

Non-latin characters wont be visible in most cases.

Try selecting the entire name and wiping it out, then retyping the file name to see if you get the same error.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As sure as I can be. If there are I didn't put them there. (Did as you suggested, no diff)

Also just realised it's only the Legacy Export which has this problem

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening to me. Also it is happening with virtually every file I export that way (loads of them) so they can't all contain non-latin characters. Must be a bug.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I fugured out, that I had non-latin characters in the folder where to save the file. So it seems to check also the Path where it's saved. This could be a helpful hint in the error message to check the hole file path 😉

I hope this helps.

Thanks to ADOBE support to let this thread just unsupported!! We pay a monthly fee for our daily struggle since CC..

The reason why I have to save PNG via the (legacy) save-for-web export is: otherwise it just changes colors since some weeks 😞

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines