• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The action failed with an unexpected error code. Error: ELIO" on Ai 24.0.3 on macOS 10.15.2

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so this is a new one updated illustrator 24.0.3 on a mac 10.15.2 4GHZ quad-core intel core i7 32gb memory. 

get this popup when moving an object to another layer in illustrator pops up and I have to wait a few min to be able to then click ok to close the pop up . 

just retried it twice once with the open pointer and once with the closed pointer did not do it again will let you know if it happens again 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're glad you found a solution. Attached printer could be a reason of this.
If it happens in future, would you mind sharing some more information like:
1. Is it happening with a specific file or with all the files?
2. Do you save files locally or on a network?
3. Have you tried resetting preferences? (If not, please try doing that. You may follow the steps provided on https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences)

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
You may also share a small video or screenshots of the process. All this information will help us understand the issue and work accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received this same error message and recall receiving it at least once before. I was panicking at first thinking I had to force quit. Thank you, Frank, for the advice on waiting for the Error button to work. 

I believe I had selected one object, Menu: Object: Select Same Opacity then tried to drag them to a new layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue 😞Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 07.01.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually resolved itself... just had to wait for a while (and be patient). Happened when dragging to text to a next layer (the layer was hidden). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just got the error this morning, 2-11-21 and I just added a new layer and went to drag some copy to it. The error came up, clicked OK and it moved only part of what was selected. 

I am not a beta tester so I didn't push it. I just like to get work down and hoped Adobe would share what it knows here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines