Highlighted

"The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [IABD]" while working on Ai v24.1.3

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right after launching Illustrator, I get the following error messages one after the other (ie, after clicking OK on the IABD one I get the next one). I was also getting this sometimes when turning visibility on selected layers on and off. These errors only resulted in a crash once, I normally click OK and then everything works OK, but I am worried about crashes. I am on an older iMac running Illustrator v.24.1.3

1.png2.png

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing version of OS?

Does it happen with a specific file or action?
I'd request resetting the Illustrator preferences. Please follow the instructions on this help article.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [IABD]" while working on Ai v24.1.3

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right after launching Illustrator, I get the following error messages one after the other (ie, after clicking OK on the IABD one I get the next one). I was also getting this sometimes when turning visibility on selected layers on and off. These errors only resulted in a crash once, I normally click OK and then everything works OK, but I am worried about crashes. I am on an older iMac running Illustrator v.24.1.3

1.png2.png

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing version of OS?

I'd request resetting the Illustrator preferences. Please follow the instructions on this help article.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh,

I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

I am only working on one file nowadays (a file with a lot of layers), so, yes, it is happening with one file only. It sometimes happens when I first launch this file in Illustrator, and, more commonly, when I click the eye icon in the Layers panel to turn visibility of a layer on or off. It especially seems to throw these error messages when I click a series of eye icons quickly.

I dont mind resetting preferences. My workspace is not very customized. I will try that.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information. If it is happening with a specific file, then I'd recommend creating a fresh copy of the file. You may click on File > Save a Copy to do that. Try working on the new file and see if it helps.

You may also try placing this file on a new Illustrator document but that would require some edits. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences seemed to work. No more problems. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0