Highlighted

"The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error"

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, after updating to the newest version of Illustrator, I can't work with it anymore. As soon as I click on it, it loads as usual, but then it shows me this "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error" message. After I click "Okay", Illustrator opens, but it doesn't show anything besides the menu and I can't even open a new file or anything else, which means I can't use it anymore. Please help. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Charu Rajput | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,
I was also facing the same problem, but it was fixed by renaming the folder. Please follow following steps

Go to following locations and rename "extentions" to "extensions_old"
Windows:  Program files /common files /Adobe /UXP /extensions
MAC: /library > application support > Adobe > UXP > extensions.

I hope this works for you as well.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error"

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, after updating to the newest version of Illustrator, I can't work with it anymore. As soon as I click on it, it loads as usual, but then it shows me this "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error" message. After I click "Okay", Illustrator opens, but it doesn't show anything besides the menu and I can't even open a new file or anything else, which means I can't use it anymore. Please help. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Charu Rajput | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,
I was also facing the same problem, but it was fixed by renaming the folder. Please follow following steps

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Does your system meet the minimum requirements? If you could share some of your specs it would help us to diagnose the problem. Things we'd need to know include: Operating system (and specific version), Type of machine, amount of installed RAM, type of graphics card. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the minimum requirements here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

If you meet the minimum requirements, then your prefs may have become corrupted. You can reset them following here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/10602277?page=1

Also restart your computer and make sure the Adobe Cloud is up and running. That can clear up corruption in the cache.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same with me, nothing helps. * Illustrator 24.2.3

Reset preferens, competently wipe with AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool, error is always repeated.

For me, the error is in the previous  versions as well.

HP ZBook 17 G5

Win 10 Pro  2004 (10.0.19041)

NVIDIA Quadro P4200 - driver ver. 452.06

32 GB RAM

Maybe it can help: in      C:\Users\xxxxxxAppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_US\x64         

24.2.3.CrashModule\  Fault:  AIUXPExtensionHostAPI.dll

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works, thank you so much for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, sir. It really worked this way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! You can't imagine how long I was dealing with this trouble. Even the Adobe Support had declined haha, they said the only solution was to use an older version of Illustrator.

This worked perfectly.

Thank you so much! 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1