• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory (ram) available"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I tried to move or drag some artwork to big resolution like 8k (I don't think so it's because of this) and all then it's showing "The operation cannot complete there isn't enough memory (RAM) available" and "There is not enough memory available to process the appearance of an object".
How can I fix this?
My Illustrator version: 25.3.1 (64- bit)
My system info:
RAM: 32 GB
Graphics device 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Graphics device 2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop Gpuillustrator issue 2.JPGillustrator issue 1.JPG

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Obviously without any info about teh artwork this isn't going anywhere. If it's a pixel image it could simply be damaged, have a damaged color profile, bad metadata or anything else. The first thing to try therefore is to actually open it in Photoshop and possibly save it as a completely new file in one of the formats that AI supports, be that native PSD, TIFF or whatever. Anything beyond that will require exact info on the art file.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously without any info about teh artwork this isn't going anywhere. If it's a pixel image it could simply be damaged, have a damaged color profile, bad metadata or anything else. The first thing to try therefore is to actually open it in Photoshop and possibly save it as a completely new file in one of the formats that AI supports, be that native PSD, TIFF or whatever. Anything beyond that will require exact info on the art file.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're totally correct; it's all due to the artwork I received; when I deleted that specific part and tried shifting the entire artwork, it worked flawlessly, unless that particular element was not critical to my task. So, thank you very much for resolving this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines