• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The operation cannot complete due to an unknown error" and or Ai crashes when pasting from Graphpad

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had experienced Ai crashing everytime I pasted a graph from Graphpad, this only started recently. Since I updated Ai I get the "The operation cannot complete due to an unknown error" message. What is going on!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

2019-12-16_1301-edit.png

If you are struggling with pasting GraphPad Prism graphs into Adobe Illustrator, try to change the copy settings in Graphpad Prism. Go to: Edit --> Preferences... --> File&Printer --> and then change "Copy graphs and layouts as:" to "WMF and EMF (old)". The EMF+ (new version) breaks things when pasting into Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query Illustrator is crashing while you are copy-pasting a graph from Graphpad. To help you further with this I would need a few more details like:

• OS (exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Version of Illustrator
  • Is it happening while pasting a particular graph/document? Please try pasting a different graph on a new document and let us know that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

OS is Windows 10 version 1803

Ai version is 23.0.3 (Ai CC v 22.1)

It crashed when i tried to copy the graph into a new Ai file, and the diagnostics crashed while running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this information. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

Event Viewer Illustrator.png

• Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Has this issue appeared recently? Was it working fine earlier? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Could you please share a sample file with us?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? Please do take a backup of the same before trashing them and share it with us. You can zip the folders, upload it to creative cloud and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? Are the graphs the same size as ones you pasted prior to your update. Was your update to the latest version of Illustrator (23.0.3)? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-12-16_1301-edit.png

If you are struggling with pasting GraphPad Prism graphs into Adobe Illustrator, try to change the copy settings in Graphpad Prism. Go to: Edit --> Preferences... --> File&Printer --> and then change "Copy graphs and layouts as:" to "WMF and EMF (old)". The EMF+ (new version) breaks things when pasting into Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked for me.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute legend. Fixed my problem straight away as well as those of my labmates who were experiencing the same issue. Manuscript submission looks so much cleaner now. Thank you kindly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked for me.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! This solution worked for me. I had resorted to creating tif files of my graphs and placing them but the quality was very poor. Using the WMF and EMF (old) way to copy graphs made the quality top notch once again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines